In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Illegal connections had overloaded the network and caused circuit-breakers to trip.
- This included adjusting the voltages in the electrical system to allow a circuit-breaker to be closed.
- When we inspected the circuit-breaker panels, we discovered 16 tripped circuit breakers.
- Eight new styles are being designed especially for the development, and all will include circuit-breakers.
- The pilot got out of his seat to check some circuit-breakers on the failed radios.
- The connector responsible for sending an overcurrent-overload signal to the radar circuit-breaker panel was also broken.
- However, the right circuit-breaker panel, which suffered crash and fire damage, was found with all the breakers popped.
- Mike nods at a circuit-breaker panel to the right of the copilot.
- A circuit-breaker check indicated nothing out of the ordinary.
- This circuit-breaker is suitable for plants in which smooth DC fault currents can occur.
- If people took simple precautions such as wearing rubber-soled shoes and using a circuit-breaker, deaths would be fewer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.