In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1circulatoriothe circulatory system — el sistema circulatorio
- In response to cold or stress, the fingers of patients with Raynaud's syndrome undergo characteristic circulatory changes.
- A circulatory problem causes him to stop for a rest every now and then, but he is in good health.
- It is a powerful irritant which, if inhaled, can cause severe circulatory and respiratory failure.
- According to the British Heart Foundation, heart and circulatory disease are Britain's biggest killers despite significant advances in treatment.
- The nettle is great for enriching and purifying the blood to help with circulatory disorders.
- You've got a circulatory problem in your femoral arteries.
- Exposure to hydrochloric acid can cause circulatory collapse which may lead to death.
- Heart and circulatory disease is responsible for more than 12,000 deaths a year in Scotland.
- Treatment of acutely poisoned patients requires the maintenance of respiratory and circulatory functions, and elimination of the poison from the body.
- Excesses of salt in the diet can push up blood pressure, something that generally increases the risk of circulatory conditions such as heart disease and stroke.
- Both were developed for serious circulatory problems, but their side effects became more significant than the original purpose.
- Nitric oxide has a beneficial effect on circulatory status and increases blood supply to the wound.
- Women in the two groups were more likely to have been admitted to a hospital for circulatory diseases, especially hypertension.
- In their circulatory, excretory, and endocrine functions, vertebrates differ markedly from other animals.
- Her father is in hospital with ongoing circulatory problems.
- Eventually his cholesterol will be really out of control and he'll be a prime candidate for a heart attack or circulatory problems.
- This herb boosts memory and alleviates circulatory problems.
- These signs may precede circulatory collapse and death.
- Exercise not only strengthened muscles and improved general stamina, but also gave a thorough workout to the circulatory and respiratory systems.
- The theory is that magnet therapy may be beneficial by affecting circulatory health and blood flow in the body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.