In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lleno de circunloquioslleno de rodeos
- Other television station announcers had been less circumlocutory in declaring the result.
- His theories are often circumlocutory and warped.
- Joe's conversational exchanges with the convalescent Pip are hilariously circumlocutory.
- After 20 years in the Senate, he has developed a meandering, circumlocutory speaking style.
- Breakfast rooms across India display a vista of glazed eyes ploughing wearily through the turgid, circumlocutory language of the morning papers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.