In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cirrosis femeninocirrhosis of the liver — cirrosis hepática
- It is also common in people with widespread cancer, leukaemia, diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver or major burns.
- Chronic infection can lead to liver inflammation, cirrhosis, cancer and death.
- Last year 1714 women died from liver cirrhosis, 680 more than from cervical cancer.
- Three people a day died of liver cancer and cirrhosis incurred by hepatitis B.
- Among the most prevalent liver diseases in this group are hepatitis and alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Chronic viral hepatitis is the main cause of chronic liver disease, cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma throughout the world.
- The longer the duration of liver disease, the more likely that liver failure or cirrhosis is imminent.
- In heart failure, cirrhosis develops secondary to chronic passive congestion of the liver.
- However, heavy drinkers have shortened life expectancy as a result of accidents and diseases, including liver cirrhosis.
- Some types of hepatitis not related to alcohol consumption can lead to liver cirrhosis and liver cancer.
- Number two would be alcoholic cirrhosis or cirrhosis from some other cause.
- Cells like that have been used to prevent cirrhosis of the liver and to heal diabetic ulcers and for drug testing.
- Cardiovascular diseases, cancer, cirrhosis of the liver, and accidents are the major causes of death.
- Heart disease and non-hepatic cancer killed more of the cohort than cirrhosis or cancer of the liver.
- Untreated Hepatitis B can evolve into liver cirrhosis and liver cancer.
- In the United States, milk thistle is most commonly used to treat viral infections and cirrhosis of the liver.
- Cases progress slowly resulting in chronic liver diseases, cirrhosis and cancer.
- Alcohol consumption is associated with a number of disorders such as cirrhosis of the liver and some cancers.
- There seems little doubt that death rates from chronic liver disease and cirrhosis are on the rise.
- Other risk factors include asthma, cirrhosis, diabetes, and ulcerative colitis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.