In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They purchased enough excess land to assure that the city would never crowd the institution, and the city planning authorities also provided a greenbelt.
- Except for the west-central blocks, the basic unit of city planning was the individual house.
- He studied city planning and engineering at the University of Tokyo.
- The city planning department revealed that only a few more touches are needed to finish the project.
- The biggest city planning faux-pas appears to be the complete lack of shelter for the economically weak and the informal sector of Indian society.
- Meanwhile the city planning of Old Beijing City is focusing on general protection and organic renewal in order to improve cultural quality.
- Simple as it may be, this relationship of the building to the sidewalk is one of the key architectural decisions in city planning for cohesive neighborhoods.
- A good analogy of the process involved in developing an enterprise architecture is a city planning commission.
- But the new city planning and the new architectural style of the 1950s and 1960s was similar everywhere.
- He reasoned that city planning could and should be regarded as an art, and one based on the spatial and formal compositions that preceded the considerable population explosion of his century.
- There is no doubt that the complex, as it stands, is a result of negotiations between the clients, architects and the city planning authorities.
- She had no formal training in city planning or architecture, or even a college degree.
- Therefore, it was to serve as a model in city planning for India and even the world.
- But city planning chiefs say no plans have been lodged by anyone yet - including the furniture giant.
- I don't know whether our city planning development department was merely generous with its upset price or whether the department underestimated the property boom.
- In some places, the city planning construction hasn't been carried out according to plans, resulting in inferior drainage and in traffic problems.
- ‘After surveying the area the city planning agency approved the proposal and expanded the land usage of the location,’ she added.
- The awards highlight projects that go beyond technical solutions to consider process, human behavior, and visionary city planning.
- As such it became a target for the blinkered city planning of the 1940s and 50s and was given a concrete bed.
- According to a city planning report, the proposal falls within the density guidelines, excluding basement space in the original, existing building.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.