In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1derechos civiles masculinobefore noun civil rights movement — movimiento por los derechos civiles masculino
- It must be pointed out that the hunt is not at all about the equality of human and civil rights, which is beyond dispute.
- Do we really want to think of the continuing civil rights debates as that sort of war?
- The civil rights law introduces a new political standard: these things are not done to human beings.
- Eventually, the civil rights movement began to win the political argument.
- The traditional political and civil rights are not difficult to institute.
- Freedom of speech is one of the basic civil rights guaranteed in a democratic society.
- As Canadian citizens, we are living at an interesting time in national civil rights.
- They are the latest in his hard-line approach to policing and are sure to further anger the civil rights lobby.
- He was a product of his times, shaped and moulded by the civil rights struggle and cold war fears of nuclear holocaust.
- Law and politics should therefore grant to everyone equal political and civil rights.
- Many civil rights, enacted over the past 250 years, relate to married couples only.
- None has caused as much concern among lawmakers and civil rights groups.
- The Constitution stipulates the basic political and civil rights of all Russians.
- Indeed, once again, our media has failed us when it comes to protecting our civil rights.
- As with everything else in his life, his use of civil rights was entirely political.
- Is it too naive to hope that if residents were treated as if they too had civil rights, they might behave more responsibly?
- It breaks every tenant of privacy and civil rights imaginable and will inevitably be denounced by the courts.
- From here she launched herself into a vigorous campaign to promote human rights and civil rights.
- But civil rights campaigners claimed the new moves would make little difference.
- This is not to say that anyone who is not a citizen or abjures his or her citizenship is lacking in civil rights.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.