In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The legal action was launched after concerns were raised about the way in which stone cladding was attached to the building.
- Then it remained only to add the access walkways running round each level, the steel and timber balconies, the cedar cladding, and the stair tower.
- The six-storey, 36,000 sq ft hotel will feature contemporary stonework and cladding on the front elevation with a glass tower rising through the six floors.
- Agreeing with the sale pitch, the Board ruled to allow the siding product as a substitute for the brick or masonry cladding required by the zoning code.
- The reintroduction of this magnificent design feature in lightweight structural steel and fiberglass cladding plays an important role in the renovation.
- Even the use of stone cladding is another area where the machine-sawn masonry seldom lives up to expectations and slabs of stone can often look like concrete.
- From its origins as a cheap and functional building material, steel cladding has, over the years, gradually become known for its aesthetic potential.
- The interiors contain no drywall or plaster, and exterior cladding comprises cedar shingles and plywood.
- Tile cladding is also used in bathrooms and toilets.
- Some of the applications involved include coatings for automotive wheel trims, seat belts, fishing nets, coatings for mobile telephones, timber flooring and steel cladding.
- The price includes the timber frame, cladding, basic finishes, timber floor and straw insulation and relies on the use of recycled materials and self-built windows.
- Materials such as dry stone walls and non-varnished timber cladding will be used to give a natural look and feel to the building, which takes full advantage of the exceptional site.
- Glass and timber cladding were chosen for economy and durability.
- To help it blend in with its water meadow surroundings, the building has oak louvre cladding, flat roofed areas covered in turf and a main roof of a modern stainless steel that will look like lead.
- Although the building is structurally safe, there were concerns about the way stone cladding was attached to it.
- The structure is timber, with spruce board cladding.
- He has also tried bronze cladding and steel windows - expensive products that work well and last a long time.
- However, it will be another six months or so before brick and stone cladding of the concrete flood walls, and general landscaping works, have been completed.
- He disliked the timber cladding element of the design and said the finish needed to respect the quality of the improvements to the rest of the estate.
- The steel frame is wrapped in thin sheets of translucent polycarbonate cladding that gently diffuses light like a fragile membrane of rice paper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.