In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in lawsuit, benefit claim, etc)solicitante femenino
2(to throne)pretendiente masculinopretendienta femenino
- Each case will turn on its own facts but in my view the claimants are more likely to succeed than the defendants.
- The claimants and the defendants produced differing translations of the clause.
- It is accepted by the claimant that the defendant has a right of way for residential purposes.
- The claimant's complaint is that what he is permitted by the hospital does not go far enough.
- The defendant does not contend that the claimant elected to affirm the contract.
- I must do the best I can to be fair to both the claimant and the defendant on the evidence that is before me.
- If the builders had never built the dairy of course the claimants could not have complained.
- The claimants denied any breach of their obligations and sought declarations to that effect.
- Nor have I forgotten that little if any disclosure was made by the claimants on this topic.
- The second condition is that the agreement causes damage to the particular claimant.
- The claimants ' solicitors will then forward a file of the submissions to my clerk.
- The Court of Appeal reversed the trial judge and gave judgment for the claimant.
- Both the claimants and the defendants are in business for the purpose of making a profit.
- I have held against the claimants on each of the four grounds advanced before me.
- All claimants claim that there was a conspiracy by the defendants to injure them by unlawful means.
- The judge rejected all three complaints, and the claimant then appealed to this court.
- The claimants were represented by prominent leading counsel and three juniors.
- There was in fact no evidence of malicious attack by any third party, let alone the claimant.
- It was as if the claimant's complaint had been without any merit at all, as if it had been contrived.
- He sold the land to the claimants and they granted him in return a rent-free life tenancy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.