In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)picnic en la playa en el que se cuecen almejas
- Meanwhile, the convention soirées get under way today - there will be a clambake in Hyannis Port!
- Every summer, they invite all their subscribers to a clambake on Lynn Beach.
- Yes, it's an old-style clambake at the Manor tonight.
- We had a clambake in Chicago on the 26th of September at WBBM where the debate was held.
- There is a scene in the movie where Elvis is out on the beach singing ‘We're gonna have a clambake.’
- The clams are then ready for a clambake, to become steamed softshell clams, or for use in certain clam chowders and clam pies.
- She is also a regular at the post-caucus Wednesday night clambake.
- When Cary shows up to a high-spirited clambake with Ron and his pals, she's uncomfortable and overdressed in a tight gray ensemble.
- He had volunteered to testify at the clambake as a way of putting his case to the people.
- The song is a sunny and infectious number that would sound great at a school dance or a clambake.
- If your idea of a relaxing vacation on the coast involves bundling up for a clambake instead of palm trees and rum punch, a trip to Cape Cod is just the ticket.
- Here, you can savor an authentic New England-style clambake.
- We went to clambakes and barbecues all over New England.
- And we are going to Provincetown to have a clambake.
- Although clambakes are traditional in the north-east of the US, barbecues and picnics are popular elsewhere.
- A clambake on the Rockland seashore followed the last day's session of papers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.