In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(categorized)clasificadoclassified advertisement — anuncio por palabras masculino
- classified advertising — publicidad clasificada
- It appears that at least two classified books were used in this system.
- It was in the classified section, just after an ad asking if anyone wanted to join a volleyball team.
- Or consider buying used equipment, which may be available at some athletic stores and through newspaper classified ads.
- Take along your unwanted goods and sell them for instant cash, which beats selling via the classified adverts in newspapers, car boot sales or over the Internet.
- He bought all the motorbike magazines and newspapers with classified ads and invited private sellers to display their bikes in his shops.
- Worrying about employment gave Patrick a headache, and he dismissed the thoughts, telling himself that he would read the classified ads in the newspaper later.
- In addition to the individual entries there are many valuable aids: a classified list of contents, glossary, chronology, maps, genealogies, a guide to further reading and an index.
- Pointing out that the newspaper carries 4,000 classified advertisements every day, he said the massage section was probably the smallest part.
- They admitted a ‘technical glitch’ caused two North Yorkshire towns to be missed out of the new classified section of the phone book.
- How can an online classified ads stand out from the others?
- But I can't imagine paying for a newspaper classified ad to sell a car again.
- Most newspaper sites have classified ads, local movie listings, and many even have restaurant directories.
- Newspaper websites and some print editions often offer free classified ads for such situations.
- Here's how: find one or two fellow car enthusiasts, either people you trust, or people you can find from a taking out a small classified ad in a newspaper.
- For days, he'd eagerly read each and every classified ad in the newspaper, and he'd already applied for several jobs.
- The second type can be located via newspaper classified ads.
- You could use classified ads in local newspapers and on the Internet - many of these are also free.
- If the amendments are passed - and we are yet to see that happen - we will have no newspaper advertising, except for advertisements in the classified columns.
- However, classified adverts in magazines show dealers advertising cars with higher mileage than yours for nearer £8,000.
- Because classified advertising is sold by the line, abbreviations are used to save space.
- Robert Teesdale, head gardener for Lord Carlisle at Castle Howard, compiled a classified catalogue of 197 rare plants in 1794.
- Check the classified ads in the newspapers too.
- We suggest to our customers that they use our ads, for instance, in conjunction with a local classified ad in their newspaper.
- For the first time, the directory contains classified and traditional A-Z listings together in one book.
- Check your local newspaper for classified listings that advertise affordable evening classes for adults.
- The catch is that they can only call the numbers listed in the business and classified pages of the new phone book.
- Only one newspaper reported its classified ads as an important source of online income (it represents 40 percent of the paper's total revenue).
2(secret)(data/information/records) secreto(information/records/data) confidencial
- There are only three levels of classified material: confidential, secret, top-secret.
- I've been in no classified briefing that said he has stopped his program.
- Planning for possible action will be ‘compartmentalised’ to ensure the fewest number of people have access to classified information.
- One can speculate about what kinds of classified documents they could've been after.
- Think about a powerful government official leaking sensitive classified information to the press solely to discredit a critic of the government's policy.
- This is a classified document and is not intended for public release.
- They've got tons of classified material and information that none of us have.
- Yet in principle, the freedom to access information is not intended to allow people to access classified information.
- To the CIA, however, the code name remains classified.
- While some portion of it remains classified, much is available to the public.
- He was assigned the task of sending highly classified combat information to assigned receivers via electric codes.
- They also include details gleaned from formerly classified Israeli documents written in Hebrew, which many researchers normally overlook.
- Roberts even says that Rockefeller expressed support for the program in subsequent classified briefings.
- I should mention here that merely having a certain level of Security Clearance does not mean one is authorized to view classified information.
- The maximum penalty would be imposed on people who knowingly spread classified information or provided access to it to other parties.
- According to him, officially he would not have access to classified information but if the Prime Minister decided to give him certain documents, he would have to read them.
- It's still an unexact science, especially considering that he does not have access to any of the classified information that official decisionmakers are working from.
- It is very serious if they were collecting and disseminating cheap political dirt from a classified document labeled ‘secret.’
- Virtually all of the formerly classified reports are now readily available.
- Administrative personnel providing unauthorised access to classified information or enabling its dissemination will face three years in prison or community service.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.