In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(society) sin clases
- He foresaw a classless society on the basis of his thesis of dynamic and dialectical interrelationship between the progress in the means of production and corresponding change in the mode of production.
- He may have talked of having a classless society but the class divide is still there: he can't have been walking down the same streets as me.
- In its supposedly classless society, it is the ability to speak English which acts as an unseen filter separating the winners from the losers, the haves from the have-nots.
- They never really believed in the idea of the socialist, classless society, or even in the individual rights held dear by liberalism.
- Funny how, in our much vaunted classless society, where everyone congratulates everyone else on how equal we have become, quarrels about elitism keep coming back.
- For fear of repeating the mistakes of 1848, Marx paradoxically would have the working class draw its ‘poetry’ only from the future, from the promise of a classless society.
- Don't pretend that you were born into a classless society where you just worked hard for what you got.
- But maybe they nurture this belief that they live in a classless society and these status considerations conflict with that.
- Consequently, the fundamental objective to create a classless society has already been vanishing.
- Karl Marx thought that socialism or ‘the classless society’ that he dreamed of would be built upon the ruins of capitalism.
- He introduced beatniks, hippies, and druggies as suitable cases for cinematic treatment, and consciously challenged Hollywood's reigning myth of a classless society.
- For instance, it envisions a two-stage transition to a Communist classless society.
- It pretends to be a classless society, but certainly there are class, or at least demographic, differences.
- Communism will be, so it is claimed by Marx, a classless society.
- In an age of the supposed classless society, there are still those who can buy a piece of Scotland and live like a monarch.
- It is also a hefty rebuttal to anyone who believes America is a classless society.
- A finer exemplar of the classless society would be more difficult to find.
- Objecting to estate-tax repeal on the grounds that it benefits only the very wealthiest exposes leaders to charges of fomenting class conflict in our classless society, of being a divider instead of a uniter.
- Even in our supposedly classless age, class remains an English obsession that refuses to go away.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.