In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person)limpiador masculinolimpiadora femeninoa firm of office cleaners — una empresa de servicios de limpieza para oficinas
- I should never have listened to you about hiring a house cleaner.
- He said they employed three part-time cleaners and the visitors also spent money in the local economy.
- You said hiring a house cleaner would solve our cleaning problems because we both have full-time jobs.
- I was pointed up to the first floor of the building where some cleaners were mopping up.
- Yet they pay their cleaners just £5.25 an hour with no sick pay or pension.
- The hospitals were said to be notably clean and had a high standard of decor with cleaners employed directly by the trust, which treated them as valuable members of staff.
- Hospitals must employ enough cleaners and give them the right tools to do the job thoroughly.
- To drain the water out, the residents employed cleaners on Sunday to remove garbage and wild growth from the canal, which have been deposited on the roadside.
- Free public toilets lack the funds to employ a full-time cleaner and because they are free, they are busier.
- It says cleaning standards have slipped in hospitals because of a major decline in the number of cleaners employed in the last eight years.
- And meanwhile they're employing kitchen staff and cleaners from where?
- He handled it really well for a man who doesn't have children, is not used to having to think about money and employs a cleaner.
- In fact, one boy employed as an office cleaner did not even know how to open a door.
- She has consistently criticised the health authority for using contract cleaning companies to clean the hospital rather than employing its own cleaners directly.
- On top of that we saw cleaners employed by the hospital who each had a responsibility to maintain their own individual wards.
- Companies use agencies to employ cleaners for their buildings.
- Many years later we have just employed our latest cleaner.
- Every morning in Times Square at around 11.30 am GMT, an incredibly bored looking cleaner sweeps the streets.
- Directors of the company earn 50 times more than the cleaners who work for them.
- The 150 cleaners, housekeepers, office and restaurant staff have been fighting for a better deal for weeks.
2(substance)producto de limpieza masculino
- Stronger cleaners such as oven or drain cleaners also contain corrosive substances, which will kill and remove tissue cells.
- Many stove or oven cleaners produce less toxic fumes than earlier versions.
- Install child safety locks on cabinets to safely store chemicals, cleaners, medicines, cosmetics and other toxic and/or caustic products.
- Supermarket shelves are filled with household cleaners containing strong chemicals which can pollute the environment and pose health hazards.
- Chemical drain cleaners will only free up one small section of the drainage system temporarily.
- What goes down the drain at home winds up in the sea - phosphate detergents, household solvents, chemical cleaners and human sewage.
- Benzene, a chemical in detergents and oven cleaners, is also known to be a carcinogen.
- In oven cleaners, lye and sodium hydroxide can burn skin, eyes, and the respiratory tract.
- Disinfectants, deodorant soaps, toilet bowl cleaners and even mouthwash kill the beneficial bacteria.
- Vinyl cleaners sold in furniture stores or auto stores help clean stubborn soil on vinyl upholstery.
- That was just about bearable, but then they started spraying the table-tops with chemical cleaners, the thin mist wafting over onto our plates and up our noses.
- Try, whenever possible, to avoid the use of aerosol products like air fresheners, oven cleaners and hairspray that vaporise chemicals into the air, your lungs and onto your skin.
- It's important to avoid conventional oven cleaners; they contain lye and ammonia, which can damage your respiratory tract if inhaled.
- Spray the rim, toilet seat, counter top and sink with your all-purpose cleaner.
- There are many commercial bathroom scum cleaners available.
- Do not use abrasive household cleaners on these surfaces because they may scratch.
- Caution: Do not mix bleach and ammonia (or mix any cleaners that contain these chemicals).
- Many soaps and other sudsy cleaners like dishwashing liquid and shampoo are detergents.
- Remove marks with a plastic scouring pad and a mildly abrasive cleaner.
- Recently, several molecular studies showed that fumes from household cleaners and industrial chemical waste are also asthma triggers.
3dry cleanertintorero masculinotintorera femeninotake it to the cleaner's or cleaners — llévalo al tinte España
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.