In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dejar sin árboles
- In western Washington, they are usually in areas that have been clear-cut, burned, or otherwise disturbed.
- It has no policy on replanting forests that are being intensively clear-cut.
- Indeed, some of them were whoppers like claiming areas had been clear-felled when they hadn't and putting misleading captions on photographs.
- Erected to keep the company from clear-cutting their land, the barricade is reportedly the longest-running in Canadian history.
- The international loggers have correctly perceived that, once they have paid for the lease, their interests are best served by clear-cutting the rainforest on their leased land.
- Bog forests were essentially clear-cut and a large portion of the nutrient base supporting these forests was probably removed with the timber.
- Who would want to go out and clear-fell it and convert it to pasture when the standing timber is the value?
- They prefer unaltered forest, and populations generally decline after forests have been clear-cut.
- One participant talked of how it takes a multi-national forestry company five seconds to cut a tree by today's standard clear-cutting methods.
- So, even if we have not yet reached the point of clear-cutting the last proud acre of old-growth randomness, maybe it's not too early to consider the question of long-term supply.
- Those who profit from clear-cutting hillsides contribute to the floods that sweep away the homes and crops of those living below.
- First, the forest is clear-cut and burnt, and the soil tilled and treated with large quantities of lime to correct its natural acidity.
- Multinational forest companies continue to regularly clear-cut old-growth forests, and biodiversity is rapidly waning.
- It had been clear-felled some eighty years ago which meant that the trees were of a fairly uniform size.
- In order to salvage the wood, huge tracts of upland forest were clear-cut.
- However, much of the world's coffee is grown on large plantations that have been clear-cut out of the jungle.
- Our choice was simply between wringing our hands against all logging or offering plantation thinning as a positive alternative to clear-cutting the old stuff.
- The roadless rule was designed to stop the timber giants from clear-cutting these precious natural resources.
- Vast tracts of this rich forest are now marked as timber coupes to be clear-felled.
- When Northwest coniferous forests are clear-cut, hardwoods are often the first trees to grow in their place.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.