In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Troy is at its best in the climactic fight scene between Hector and Achilles, and its aftermath.
- Some of the best moments in the film include Napoleon's climactic dance scene that wins Pedro the high school election.
- The world champions were empty after a dramatic, climactic finish that meant the trophy was shared.
- All of this leads the dinosaur kids on a wild adventure that culminates in a climactic confrontation on top of a volcano.
- The climactic action sequence is nothing like anything that occurred in the first weeks of the Normandy invasion.
- The downside's that after such a climactic event, there's still an hour to go.
- That said, it doesn't entirely work dramatically, and the play falters as it reaches its climactic final moments.
- The drama hangs on an extremely shocking climactic event and our understanding of its causes.
- This turns out not to be a casual device but, in the climactic scene, intrinsic to the film.
- In another climactic event, Vronsky loses a horserace he is slated to win.
- To say whether she does would give away the details of a climactic scene which has to be seen to be believed.
- The climactic scene in which the local Mafiosi close in on the inspector is bone chilling and unforgettable.
- The fair's climactic event, the demolition derby, is drawing big crowds to the fairgrounds.
- The climactic event, however, consists of tying the captive condor by its feet onto the back of a bull.
- She appeared in more than a few slasher movies, always the young heroine who outsmarts the killer in a climactic final chase scene.
- Likewise, walks to Calton Hill and the Water of Leith suggested climactic scenes and murder sites for various Rebus novels.
- The World Cup is one coherent drama with developing conflict, mounting tension and a climactic resolution.
- The lead-in to the climactic scene is nothing compared to the original.
- In one climactic scene, he is publicly and sadistically humiliated by the king.
- And the final climactic emotional moment is cringe inducing rather than searingly moving.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.