In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1clima masculinothe political/intellectual/artistic climate — el clima político/intelectual/artístico
- in the current climate — en la situación actual
- For example, colder locales have warmer cabins with fireplaces and other heating options, while cabins located in warmer climates may feature swimming pools.
- New urban centers tend to be located in regions with moderate climates - ie on the land more suitable for crops.
- ‘Moving the animals to lower regions means the reindeer are stationary and living in hotter climates,’ Nansalmaa said.
- Those living in warmer climates where the outdoor temperatures do not get low enough for good rooting can follow the same procedures.
- This type of chicken will also save farmers large amounts of money on ventilation to prevent the birds from overheating in hot climates, such as in the Middle East.
- A microclimate describes the climate of a small environment such as a town, forest or garden.
- Some species have continued to spread northwards in response to the warmer climate.
- They are distributed worldwide, particularly in warm and temperate climates.
- The exact dates required to generate these hours can be charted for your climate area.
- During climate extremes, whether droughts or flooding rains, those on the land feel it most.
- The agency wants to hear from outsiders about how the migration of retirees to regions with warmer climates might cause ecological pressure.
- It is most prevalent in regions of temperate climates that are highly industrialized, but rarely occurs in areas that are underdeveloped.
- As such, people from warmer climates will be spared the torture of subzero temperatures.
- It is a weakness of this study that some of the countries defined as temperate in the questionnaire - for example, India - also contain regions with tropical climates.
- The weather has been cold and crisp so it will be nice to go to warmer climates.
- A common example is the relatively faster rate of sugar increase in warm to hot climates compared to flavour increase and acid decrease.
- Climate models for the mid-Cretaceous predicted warm humid climates for this region.
- Droughts are not abnormal phenomena; they are a normal component of contemporary climates in many regions of the world.
- In warm or tropical climates, year-round transmission is possible.
- Since the beginning of January I have traveled to find warmer cycling friendly climates but instead of heading due south, like most cyclists, I flew due west.
- People will probably always find the causes and effects of the weather and climate captivating.
- Because chili peppers thrive in very warm, hot climates, equatorial regions seem to have the heaviest concentration of pungent cuisine.
- Also known as elephant's ear, this water lover does best in warm climates; in colder regions, you can grow it indoors.
- Many are hybrids with the Kermadec Islands variety, which in warm climates flowers continuously.
- Consistently high temperatures, with no distinct dry season, characterize the climate of this region.
- Since all basils, to a greater or lesser degree, are plants of warm climates, none grows freely in more northerly regions.
- In climates where freezing conditions occur regularly, door hardware must resist moisture penetration.
- The climate is hot and sultry and the volcanic land is fertile: food falls from the forest and leaps from the sea.
- Forward-thinking landscape architects and designers are installing gardens that are appropriate to their regions and climates.
- DNA in any stray pollen from transgenic crops will disintegrate rapidly in warm climates of Asia / Africa and Central or South America.
- The climate in some Eurasian regions, such as Syria and Iran, remained wet and cool.
- In recent years we hear of a number of people going for continental holidays to warm climates.
- Because coffee grows mostly in warm climates of Latin America, Africa and Asia, everyone who drinks it depends on workers from those regions to satisfy their fix.
- The climate in the Peace region can cause problems with raising your own queen bees.
- A monsoon climate of alternating wet and dry seasons characterizes the weather.
- The climate of the region does not fit well into the four standard seasons of the calendar year.
- ‘Isotonic and high-energy drinks will help people rehydrate in hot climates,’ the spokesman said.
- Mr Jones, who paid £9,000 for the cruise and returned to his Wroughton home yesterday, was hoping a winter trip to hotter climates would help the chronic disease he suffers from.
- The climate in this area is tropical to subtropical humid monsoonal.
- In hot climates, plant when temperatures begin to cool in early autumn.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.