In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Wayne attributes this unexpected birth so far south to climatic changes that are seeing warmer waters.
- It was a portent of climatic things to come, which culminated in the worst floods in living memory in cities such as Prague and Dresden.
- As well as the threat of climatic change, several countries are interested in stepping up the commercial krill fishery.
- It reflects both the nature of the climatic conditions and nature of the community itself.
- Harsh changes in climatic conditions tend to dehydrate the skin, leaving it dry and quite often scaly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.