In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also rock climberescalador masculinoescaladora femenino(mountaineer) montañero masculino(mountaineer) montañera femenino(mountaineer) alpinista femenino(mountaineer) andinista masculino América Latina
- There are cross-country rally champions, and aviators and mountain climbers too.
- The Himalayas make Nepal a favorite destination for mountain climbers.
- A pointed archway at a bus-stop told mountain climbers that they were less than an hour away from the hills.
- The next year, they seized four American mountain climbers in Kyrgyzstan, though the hostages escaped after six days.
- But his stock rose rapidly as he remained in yellow for a remarkable 11 days, even matching some of the world's best climbers in the mountains.
- As the story unfolds, we see the vicious weather conditions the mountain climbers faced, while also peering into their inner realities.
- The pair, who are experienced climbers, chose the mountain to improve their winter mountaineering skills.
- This instrument is a favourite tool of the armed forces and mountain climbers all over the world.
- Dai Yun, one of China's premier mountain climbers, recalls the thrill of tackling his first hill.
- Sherpas, the Himalayan locals living in the borders of Tibet and Nepal, challenge the mountain routinely when assisting climbers and also deeply subscribe to this belief.
- Each year they receive dozens of calls reporting lost walkers, stranded climbers or injured mountaineers.
- Joe used to say he was as likely to get killed in a car crash as on a mountain, and many climbers still echo that sentiment.
- At least two of the climbers remain on the mountain with minor injuries.
- We have had a long history of walkers and climbers coming here and we would certainly welcome the mountain bikers.
- Does it honor the fastest climbers of our highest mountains?
- The job was 90 per cent completed by the 30 or so volunteers who worked their way through the stands like mountain climbers on the Matterhorn.
- Although Greig is interested in why mountain climbers want to climb, he is more interested in why we are so fascinated by their reasons.
- The climbers will ascend the mountains of Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England and Snowdon in Wales as part of their trek.
- A good example is the Denali fee, which affects both climbers and ski mountaineers.
- He gazed at the beautiful mountain that so many climbers had attempted to conquer; some had succeeded and many did not.
2Botánicaenredadera femeninotrepadora femenino
- The labourers' children took me on a guided tour and we inspected the coffee plants, pepper climbers and orange trees.
- Terraces brim with pot plants and climbers - honeysuckle, hydrangeas, lavender.
- Winter usually brings strong winds so it is a good idea to check that vulnerable plants and climbers are firmly attached to their supports.
- In imperial gardens especially, large rose gardens were planted and fragrant climbers adorned pavilions.
- For many varieties, particularly the old garden roses and many shrubs, climbers, and floribundas, the plants' natural system will prevent winter damage.
- Keep on planting hardy deciduous climbers, hedges and shrubs while the conditions are good.
- It is surprising the number of novice gardeners who don't get around to planting climbers until they have been ‘at it’ for a few years.
- Tie in clematis and other vigorous climbers like summer flowering jasmine.
- Most of the plants are climbers and have tendrils opposite leaves on the shoots, the grapevine being representative.
- Check ties on climbers and wall plants, replacing any that have come loose in high winds.
- For example, place climbers and ramblers along fences, trellises, or next to arches or pergolas.
- Natural climbers such as clematis, Dutchman's pipe, and kiwi vines only need to be redirected as required.
- A popular shrub rose that can be trained as a climber is Constance Spry with huge clusters of pale pink blooms.
- The horticulturist suggests that hardy native ferns, philodendrons, climbers and sphatiphylum are ideal for rock garden settings.
- A slighter top is made with thinner pieces such as larch poles, and the whole is planted with free growing climbers.
- When planting tree roses, climbers or ramblers with long stems, tie them to stakes or supports immediately after planting.
- Prune vigorous climbers and ramblers after flowering.
- Most clematis are climbers by nature, and because they are not self-supporting, they will happily wander up any nearby plant or support.
- Incidentally, if you are planting a climber against a wall, position it at least 15 inches away from the wall.
- More than 20,000 smaller trees and shrubs of varying types will also be planted, including climbers trained across the environmental barrier.
3also social climber
despectivoarribista femeninotrepador masculinotrepadora femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.