In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(muy caro) bar de alterne masculino
- Believe it or not pal, tourists do stay away from these clip joints, if and when they are aware of this racist policy.
- Entertainment is ancillary, a bit of corporate spin and gloss to soften the image of the company as a gaming clip joint.
- He also enthusiastically encouraged her in her plan to become a nightclub hostess and she duly went to work in a clip joint off Piccadilly.
- The bio-medical scientist had been lured into the Soho clip joint.
- Read her experiences finding a new clip joint & a stylist anyone could love.
- The film opens with a flashback to explain how long term fixture and resident clown Eddie came to work at the famous clip joint.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.