In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(direction) de las agujas del relojin a clockwise movement — en un movimiento en el sentido de las agujas del reloj
- After bathing, gently massage in a clockwise direction over her chest to support breathing and aid a restful night's sleep.
- Get everyone to sit down, lift their right leg off the ground and turn it in a clockwise direction.
- The second light started to circle around the first one in a clockwise direction and then stopped.
- Put Teflon tape in a clockwise direction as you are looking at the threads and screw it in.
- Holding the entire ponytail twist it all the way around twice, in a clockwise direction.
- The swim is due to start in Donegal next July and will take up to seven weeks to go around the coast in a clockwise direction.
- Formula One, by contrast, runs in a clockwise direction and only uses part of the oval.
- Coat the hook with varnish and wind on the flat tinsel in a clockwise direction whilst the varnish is still wet.
- If you rotate your thumb and fingers in a clockwise direction, you will roll a full-roller.
- If you have children or new skiers in your group, you may want follow the trail in a clockwise direction.
- My only real advice is to make sure you walk it in a clockwise direction, otherwise you'll be faced with a long, steep and sustained ascent.
- Each player in a clockwise direction then lays a card on top of the pile.
- Continuing in a clockwise direction the next player lays a card face up and so on.
- If he plays an ace, the play continues in the normal clockwise direction.
- Just don't forget to dance round your fire in a clockwise direction to ensure good portents for your family in the coming season.
- This time he attempted to rotate the right shoulder in the opposite, or clockwise, direction.
- The player to the left of dealer begins and the initial direction of play is clockwise.
- Anyone who walks round the Guru Granth Sahib or the Gurdwara must do so in a clockwise direction.
- He placed it in the lock and turned it one full turn in a clockwise direction.
- Half of them turn in a clockwise direction, while the others move back and forth like waves.
1en el sentido de las agujas del reloj
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.