In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Anyway, I bought the E. T. cartridge shortly after the crash in 1984 at a Sears closeout store for only $2.
- The last day was grim, with a succession of closeout sales clearing out all but the most shunned of merchandise.
- And if none of these options will do, you can still get CDs cheap at your local Sam Goody closeout sale.
- Your basic system will cost about $149.00 (plus installation) and can be found even cheaper if you look for specials or closeouts.
- We'll see how good the closeout sales are.
- Many of these close-out sales will offer great laptops at reduced prices.
- Watch out for great close-out or liquidation sales and don't forget to check out refurbished laptops.
- The Internet also makes him aware of closeout items where his clients can get great prices on products or brands that might usually be out of their price range.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.