In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(spice)clavo (de olor) masculino
2(of garlic)diente masculino
- Peel and chop the onion, the shallot and the garlic clove.
- It is also difficult to identify garlics by appearance, since cloves from the same bulb grow differently in different locations.
- I gently sautéed one small, thinly sliced shallot and one minced clove of garlic in some butter.
- Put 1 cup of the olive oil in a bowl, and crush four cloves of garlic into it.
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic cloves to mince them thoroughly.
- Sauté the blanched garlic cloves in the butter until they are lightly browned.
- Cut the lemon into eighths, and lightly crush the whole garlic cloves so that they just crack open.
- Scatter half a chopped onion, half a garlic clove, and 2 dessertspoonfuls of salt over meat.
- Break the cloves off a garlic bulb and toss a handful into the blender.
- Garlic contains sulfur compounds that give the cloves their distinct odor.
- Chuck in a couple of chopped shallots and two cloves of chopped garlic.
- Crush three cloves of garlic in there and let the oil soak up all the garlicky goodness.
- There were no serious cooking techniques being demonstrated here, although I did learn how to purée garlic cloves with the tines of a fork.
- Another delicious way to take garlic both for prevention as well as treatment is to macerate several cloves of mashed garlic in olive oil.
- To make it yourself, crush a garlic clove in a few tablespoons of olive oil and gently warm it over the stove for 30 minutes.
- He prepared and roughly crushed and sliced some cloves of garlic.
- To make your garlic soup, peel eight garlic cloves and put them in a covered saucepan with two large new potatoes, skins on, and cut into small chunks.
- I even diced a few cloves of garlic and threw them into the sauce, hoping to appease Mom's natural desires.
- In a heavy saucepan fry the roughly chopped cloves of garlic in a mixture of olive oil and butter.
- Place garlic cloves in a small saucepan and cover with cold water.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.