In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1terminal de autobuses femeninoestación de autobuses femenino
- The cheap hotels are south of the railway station, stretching from the coach stations to Pimlico Underground.
- Victoria coach station was where we boarded the Eurolines bus to Paris.
- It was a murky afternoon in a strange northern town as they stepped from the coach station.
- Passenger numbers have soared since the group won a campaign for a new city centre coach station.
- It's ten minutes walk from a train station, a coach station and Europe's second largest bus station!
- I rushed to the coach station some minutes before the 14: 00 hours indicated on the ticket.
- And he was seen waiting patiently at a coach station in southeastern Spain for the next bus to Sevilla.
- Meanwhile, I can but repeat my call for a central bus and coach station to be built on part of the site for the benefit of York as a whole.
- In association with National Express, we ran a competition to come up with a name suitable for the reborn coach station.
- The price of rail travel in Britain might force you to the coach station soon.
- The coaches depart from the central coach station above the railway station in the central area of Heathrow.
- Yesterday we picked them up from the coach station, brought them back, and I left them in the living room while I went to make a cup of tea.
- Just as the bus pulled into the central coach station at Heathrow, I realized Tariq was sitting just behind me - on his way home to Berlin for the holidays.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.