In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One of his first jobs was working on the conversion of an estate car into a hearse. The coachwork was being carried out in the garage and Pat's job was filing and filling.
- I passed the time by strolling around the parked planes, smelling their grease, their soot, stroking the smoothness of their glossed coachwork.
- It featured elegant coachwork designed by Touring of Milan, Italy.
- He sketched out a body for a 1930 Mercedes-Benz SSK with a stretched, slender front end, voluptuous coachwork, and a graceful tail, resembling the fanning train of an evening gown.
- Everything is of top quality - the engine, the coachwork and the interior all fill you with confidence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.