In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1Aviacióncabina de mando femenino
- In-flight refuelling gear is installed in the top centre line of the aircraft behind the cockpit.
- Today, the Air Force involuntarily removes young pilots from the cockpits of manned aircraft for 36 months to ‘fly’ unmanned aerial vehicles.
- The aircraft has a glass cockpit and an electronic flight control system.
- First, think about physical flow patterns and priorities in the cockpit, beginning with pilot actions.
- The camera would be positioned in the passenger compartment and its image viewed by pilots in the cockpit on an LCD.
- That's when someone opened the escape hatch on top of the aircraft in the cockpit, he said.
- There was more discussion in the cockpit about which aircraft made it in and which didn't.
- A pilot can obtain clearance on a screen in the cockpit before calling ground control to get taxi instructions for takeoff.
- In an airplane cockpit, pilots and crew have precise standard checks to protect the lives on-board.
- We always had one or more qualified pilots in cockpits.
- He could be working inside the cockpit, the crew compartment or outside checking the tire temperatures after a brake test.
- One of the museum's main attractions is the cockpit of a Sabre aircraft.
- The pilot and gunner cockpits are in a stepped tandem configuration.
- All cockpits can accommodate two pilots, one flight engineer, one observer and one instructor.
- With the proliferation in business aircraft of glass cockpits and automated flight controls, traditional techniques to train professional pilots are inevitably evolving.
- On a flight a while back I was able to listen to the pilots in the cockpit.
- A man was in custody yesterday after being restrained by a flight crew when he approached the cockpit of an aircraft.
- The hijackers then pistol-whipped the flight crew inside the cockpit and ordered the pilot to fly to Algiers.
- Scientists are looking at advanced voice control aspects of the cockpit, where a pilot will simply tell the aircraft what to do.
- I was helplessly trapped in the cockpit with the aircraft lying on its starboard side.
1.2Marinapuente de mando masculino
- The Challenger's centre hull has a cockpit with a sailor seat, making it possible to sail without moving around.
1.3(in racing car)cabina femenino
- The Italian driver also relies on a guardian angel in his cockpit.
- The cockpit is far more than just the place the driver sits and drives.
- It wasn't without difficulty though, as my gear-shift lights in the cockpit failed.
- Strapped into the tight confines of the cockpit the driver has only one means of non-verbal expression - wobbling his head.
- This time, we broke a fuel line and fuel got inside the cockpit with me.
- You just have to react as quickly as possible, and protect yourself in the cockpit.
- In the beginning of the race, the car just slid too much, so I was changing things in the cockpit that I have never done before with weight jackers and a lot of things.
- The driver has returned to the cockpit this weekend after missing two races with a shoulder injury.
- Chase's short, compact body fit perfectly into the cockpits of most vehicles.
- Instantly the whole cockpit just filled up with smoke, and I just tried to stop as fast as possible and get out.
- Because there are no timeouts other than a caution period here and there, drivers are strapped into cockpits that are more like saunas for three to four hours.
- Quite often drivers show up and get in the cockpit and don't have an appreciation really for what the owner is going through.
- We have an inlet duct on top of the chassis to let some air into the cockpit.
- A substantial chassis beam protects heavy items from moving forwards into the cockpit.
- I did what I could to work on the handling from the cockpit, without much luck.
- You've been to Le Mans before, but this time you'll be in the cockpit.
- For the driver the cockpit needs a bit of getting used to.
- Each team, and often each driver, has a cockpit specifically designed to suit certain needs.
- The car looked faultless over that distance, but what was it like in the cockpit?
- One lucky fan will be chosen to sit in the cockpit of the dragster while the engine is warmed up.
2(for cockfights)gallera femeninoreñidero masculinopalenque masculino Méxicothe cockpit of Europe — el reñidero de Europa
- Cock fighting drew crowds to the cockpits on Bootham and elsewhere.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.