(on cock)cresta femenino
- The chef's favorite offal product, tripe, graces the menu, as do rubbery coxcombs (braised, with green chilies), and sweetbreads fried like chicken in a crunchy, salty batter.
- Joe - black skullcap, five red spikes sprouting like a deranged cockscomb from ear to ear - had spent the night at Sam's house.
- This pie would be one containing especially fine titbits such as cockscombs and sweetbreads.
- The museum owns two masks, which are similar to the present example; they are adorned with a cockscomb and horns but no chameleons.
2Botánicamoco de pavo masculino
- Plant hot weather annuals such as cockscomb, Madagascar periwinkle, portulaca, and annual salvias.
- Flower stands are jam-packed with summer's best bouquets: dahlias, daisies, cockscombs and especially lilies of all sorts in mouth-watering colors.
- Covered in dried flowers - such as cockscomb, bells of Ireland, and gomphrena - these wreaths pack visual punch on the front door or over the mantel.