In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aceite de hígado de bacalao masculino
- Use of other vitamin D supplements during the first year of life and maternal use of cod liver oil or other vitamin D supplements during pregnancy were not associated with type 1 diabetes.
- While writing these articles I have been taking multivitamins, primrose oil capsules, cod liver oil capsules, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Oil-rich fish and supplements such as fish oil and cod liver oil are the richest and most readily available sources.
- I have seen soft teeth harden after cod liver oil and lots of butter are added to the diet.
- There's a risk of toxicity from excess accumulation of vitamin A from the sun, dietary sources, vitamin supplements and cod liver oil.
- According to the market analysis firm, Britons spend nearly £80m a year on cod liver oil and other fish oil preparations.
- When he treated the children with vitamin A, using only the recommended daily allowance of cod liver oil, their chronic ear infections stopped.
- Nanny is trying to get me to take that awful cod liver oil!
- Research from the United States indicates that children prone to glue ear could benefit from cod liver oil and vitamins.
- At least 16 years ago, research published in the medical journal demonstrated the protective power of cod liver oil in pig arteries.
- Eat small meals throughout the day, always have some protein at every meal, always eat your fruits and vegetables, and take your cod liver oil.
- A few days back, when I had a spot of back trouble, I decided to give my joints a treat and go onto a course of cod liver oil and glucosamine capsules.
- More than half of Irish adults use food supplements such as vitamins, minerals and cod liver oil, the organisation says.
- Arrange some parsley purêe, roasted garlic cloves and grape tomatoes around the dish and drizzle some garlic cream and cod liver oil around the dish.
- Like others, she saw stout as a good way to ward off colds and coughs - the equivalent of giving a child a spoonful of cod liver oil.
- No animal fats or oily fish means practically no vitamins A and D - good old fashioned cod liver oil should sort this out - or vitamin B12.
- A reasonable dose of fish oil or cod liver oil, for instance, consists of 1 teaspoon daily for every 50 pounds of body weight.
- Rather than eating fish, which is largely contaminated with PCBs and mercury, consume a high-quality purified fish or cod liver oil.
- In 1941 the Vitamin Welfare Scheme was set up to issue cheap milk, concentrated orange juice, cod liver oil, and vitamin A and D tablets to pregnant women and children under 5.
- We would caution against regular use of cod liver oil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.