In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The suggested donation level is £65 for a single will, £95 for a pair of wills or £35 for a codicil to an existing will.
- He left the sum of nine hundred and fifty thousand Pounds Sterling to you in the codicil and last testament to his will.
- A codicil in the will states that the coach's cremated remains are to be placed in the handle of a curling rock.
- The thought that Alexander would have included a codicil in his will and yet not have spelled out the order of inheritance is absurd.
- The delay is probably due to the time it takes teams of lawyers to scan the codicils and calculate the consequences, and the accountants to hazard the costs of options.
- Some beneficiaries named in the original will of July 14th 2000 were cut out in any of three codicils subsequently added.
- An unwitnessed codicil to his will stipulated that they should return to Dublin if a permanent home were allocated to them.
- The Deputy Judge was not prepared to reveal the names of the two witnesses to his codicil when it was executed on 12th November.
- He three times drafted a codicil and read it to the testator.
- I am seriously thinking however that I ought to add a codicil to my will that all my papers should be incinerated after my demise.
- Frustrated at his treatment by London, he wrote in a codicil to his will that the paintings should go to Dublin after his death.
- A solicitor can easily structure this into the will when it is drafted, or as a codicil to the will.
- His will, dated 11 July 1737, with codicils of 15 and 16 July of the same year, contains the following references to the salt.
- If you decide to hire a different lawyer, it may be necessary to prepare codicils to your wills, or the other lawyer may need to write new wills altogether.
- If you don't feel comfortable writing a codicil, you should ask a lawyer to help.
- There is no doubt the initial fault lies with the testator and the wording of his codicil.
- The suspicion grows that the codicil attached to Sir John's will was forged by his former wife, still living at the farm.
- Having had a premonition of the disaster, Lane added a codicil to his will shortly before the voyage, leaving his Impressionist collection to London.
- But I plan to write a codicil into my will exonerating the poor man, and letting the world know that I did it all by myself.
- Ryan explains the codicil in Alex's will and tries to make Bianca understand that the money is supposed to go to someone else.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.