In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Hermite had posed the problem of finding the minimal values of quadratic forms in n variables whose coefficients were real.
- The coefficients on the age variable in the models of organization-environment fit may then approach zero.
- The problem was to find the roots by adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and taking roots of expressions in the coefficients.
- He extended the applications of the operational method to linear ordinary differential equations with variable coefficients.
- Montel also investigated the relation between the coefficients of a polynomial and the location of its zeros in the complex plane.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.