In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Dressed in a blue shirt, he sat at the coffee shop at the hotel all set to brief media people on a product launch.
- This is basically the hotel coffee shop, with a nice outdoor terrace and an international menu.
- His dad owns some coffee shop in Geylang and sells relatively successful Asian noodles.
- They'd seen him around, but never in the places they frequented - coffee shop or pub.
- We were running a little late and I was famished, so we broke a rule and had a light lunch in the coffee shop.
- Meanwhile work at Mill Hall will see a better entrance, reception, and refurbished coffee shop and bar installed.
- Another committee owned a food enterprise that rented the hotel restaurant and coffee shop.
- He was last seen dining with a young foreign lady in the hotel coffee shop earlier that evening.
- About an hour later, the two went to an all night coffee shop, and had a real chance to talk.
- Facilities for guests will include a gym, a restaurant, a bar and a coffee shop.
- There was no one in the half lit lobby and at one end he saw a sign for a 24 hour coffee shop.
- They didn't have far to walk when they found this cute little diner / coffee shop.
- On arrival we headed straight to the Skyline Restaurant and had a delicious lunch at the coffee shop.
- He debated having a cup of coffee in the hotel coffee shop, but decided against it.
- Whether in a grand hotel or a rural coffee shop, I found the service to be spot on every time.
- I got into my dream of opening a vegetarian restaurant / coffee shop / deli in the area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.