In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Their basic message that peace and security depend on just economic and political practices continues to have cogency and power.
- The submissions made to us do not reach the minimum cogency required to persuade me that we should direct a re-hearing of the issue.
- If this post lacks my usual cogency and clarity, let me know.
- It was replete with mathematical formulas and stated his case with a rare cogency and persuasiveness.
- The validity of a viewpoint seemed to hinge on the author's pedigree rather than on the cogency of his argument.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.