In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1daños colaterales masculino
- They saw that we care about limiting collateral damage.
- The quick responsive action of MSgt Henley prevented what could have easily been a major fire with possible significant collateral damage.
- Today, the most significant overall restraint on military operations concerns the avoidance of collateral damage.
- In conducting it, care should be taken to avoid collateral damage.
- Therefore, an attacker must not employ weapons that would cause excessive collateral damage.
- Conversely, attacks with permanent collateral effects are illegal.
- To ensure the proper result with little or no unintended collateral effects, we need greater precision with speed.
- Inert squash head ammunition would also be useful for punching holes in walls with minimal collateral damage.
- The reduction in collateral damage (indirect costs) may have the same effect.
- Everyone else was concerned about civilian collateral damage.
- The Luftwaffe staff drew special attention to this collateral benefit in several of its tactical memoranda.
- We need to think of collateral damage more in terms of innocent civilians being killed, rather than reconstructing buildings used by the enemy.
- In such circumstances, the attacking elements will be required to expose themselves to enemy direct fire to engage them without undue collateral damage.
- There are, however, limits on such incidental or collateral damage.
- This aerial barrage had the collateral effect of probably obliterating the remains of any Americans who were left on the mountain.
- The enemy threat was eliminated in a matter of minutes and there was no collateral damage.
- Finally, munitions must be able to destroy the target without causing undue collateral damage.
- Any response must consider the possible collateral damage potentially caused by such retaliation.
- Physical collateral damage can always be fixed, or structures replaced.
- Consequently, an attacker who acts reasonably in bombing an otherwise legitimate target has a defense against the charge that excessive collateral damage occurred.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.