- As a colorist he is generally restrained, but, in these paintings, startling reds, golden yellow and vibrant green enliven his palette.
- I showed them examples of artists known as colorists, Paul Gauguin and Franz Marc, so they could see how one might choose to manipulate the viewer's eye.
- Marc Chagall, who died in 1985 at the age of 98, is considered to be one of the twentieth century's great masters and sophisticated colourists.
- He is evident here, too, as a distinctive colourist, preferring quieter pinks, violets and yellows to the bolder oranges, reds, greens and blues of Bellini and Titian.
- Moon was a sophisticated colorist exploring what possibilities presented themselves within each painting.
- A colorist makes his presence known even in a single charcoal drawing.
- He was the greatest colourist since Matisse.
- The Berry-Hill exhibition confirmed Hartley as an extraordinary colorist.
- She too was a pupil of Matisse and is regarded as one of the finest colourists among Swedish artists of her generation.
- After early experiments with ink drawing, he revealed himself as a committed colorist.
- A strong colorist, she seemingly delights in bold juxtapositions.
- Over the years he has been described as an abstract expressionist, a surrealist and a colourist, but he is not quite any of these things.
- His simple yet remarkably efficient and original technique of pictorial production combined with his gifts as a colorist make this a highly rewarding series of pictures.
- McGraw, who has made gouache a specialty, is a marvelous colorist in the medium.
- But he drew greater inspiration from studying the old masters in the Louvre, in particular such colourists as Rubens and Veronese.
- No painter who has been labelled ‘baroque’ has surpassed Rubens, the supreme colourist.
- Not all colorists worked with artists as eminent as Dürer.
- For the last 20 years, he has been renowned in Holland as a colorist.
- She likes to call herself a colorist, and one look at her landscape paintings will explain why.
- As a colorist, Vicki's understanding of color theory runs deep, but as an oil painter, her talent with color is exceptional.