In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comida que se ingiere a fin de obtener una sensación de bienestar
- Since we have all eaten dire cauliflower cheese, why not transform this comfort food with top-quality ingredients?
- Cereal is comfort food to me, more than mashed potatoes, more than the smell of a roasted turkey, more than cream corn and more than pancakes.
- The menu has a wide selection on offer, with everything from children's meals and snacks to comfort food and fresh seafood and game cooked with a contemporary twist.
- We make traditional farmhouse food, comfort food, and we don't cut corners.
- For today's lunch, I minced a bunch of kale in my food processor and added a tablespoon to my comfort food - tomato soup.
- Stews are the ultimate comfort food particularly in cold weather.
- Thanks also to all the venues who hosted the quiz and provided comfort and comfort food, to keep the energy levels high.
- My only gripe was that it was slightly too dry and the spinach a little bitter, although on the whole this was a more than adequate serving of comfort food.
- Our other companion ordered the cream of potato soup, which was the epitome of comfort food.
- The food itself is superior quality comfort food in enormous portions and the desserts are stunning.
- We got the sweet pickle, and we stocked up on milk and carbohydrate-based comfort food.
- As the days get shorter and cooler we tend to lust after comfort food - cakes and biscuits made with fragrant spices that taste as good as they smell.
- Instead the sun shone, the winter crops kept on growing greener and greener, and I was more in the mood for salad than cold weather comfort food when it came to lunch.
- Tom opted for more comfort food for his main course.
- Peanut butter, another flavor associated with comfort food, was dominant in 2002.
- This was comfort food served in a comfortable place.
- Main courses range from sandwiches and burgers to well-presented comfort food such as haddock and chips and haggis, neeps and tatties.
- My comfort food - the food that reminds me of being a child - is egg and chips.
- A bowl of shiny red apples suggests comfort food and good down-home cooking.
- Cassoulet is very traditional French comfort food comprised of sausage, beans, and pieces of meat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.