In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1baño (público) masculinoservicios (públicos) masculino España
- Two extensions of the lawn are partially camouflaged by shrubs: one section contains the trampoline, while the other, concealed by a small island of perennials and shrubs, serves as the dog's comfort station.
- In the middle of the night, the last thing I wanted to do was hike out to the comfort station.
- The vast majority of tourists enjoyed Shenandoah National Park through the Skyline Drive, campgrounds, comfort stations, scenic vistas, and open grasslands.
- There is only one public comfort station for the thousands of worshippers and unhygienic practices are common during the peak season.
- So, you gonna bring me to the comfort station?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.