In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1precepto masculinothe Ten Commandments — los diez mandamientos
- On the contrary, the king should respect God and keep his commandments.
- If everyone simply lived by the rules of the 10 commandments there would be no problems.
- We see in the first commandment that we are not free to worship other gods.
- The commandment to respect God's name refers specifically to the ten Hebrew names by which God is designated in the Bible.
- As a charismatic healer he attracted a wide following, and inspired people to worship God and keep His commandments in simplicity and with joy.
- They are so structured that acceptance of the relationship created by the first commandment entails obedience to all the rest.
- Sins against the first commandment, not the sixth, are still our most frequent failure.
- Our part is to keep the commandments of the Scriptures as well as we can, continually praying and asking the Lord's help.
- But there is this commandment, the commandment to be holy, which prohibits such behaviors.
- He wanted to enter the Promised Land so that he could fulfill the commandments and thereby have a new opportunity to fulfill the Divine wish.
- We know we have transgressed His laws, broken His commandments, and offended His holiness.
- This is a reference to Satan and his accomplices who try to creep up in the skies to overhear divine commandments.
- Indeed, this is an indication of the Divine nature of the commandments.
- But I find the category of grave external sin against the sixth commandment too broad for the reasons I have stated.
- The commandment to love God is one of the six constant commandments.
- Too many, misunderstanding the nature of faith and presuming upon the grace of God, disregard the commandments of God.
- The Ten Commandments served as an introduction to the other commandments.
- Therefore we should obey the commandment of the Prophet in order to prosper in the hereafter.
- God set out commandments to protect the people he loved, who were vulnerable due to their turbulent times and divided nature.
- As representative head of the human race, his departure from even one of God's commandments would have serious consequences for all his descendants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.