In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As I continued to move through the town, I was aware of a new range of commercialism that seems to have taken hold of the merchants since the earthquake.
- It also stimulated debate on modernism and tradition, on commercialism and social ideology.
- I have raised three factors commercialism, technology and the invasive culture of public relations that are placing pressures on journalism in different ways.
- The second approach is to consider film making primarily as an act of commercialism, to produce stories that will grab the imagination of the audience, or to make films that will shock or intrigue.
- I knew from the beginning that commerce and commercialism would come to the space, and I welcome it.
- For my liking, you're too quick to shift the blame to corporate capital and irresistible forces of commercialism.
- It has launched a media literacy site for kids that helps them learn about commercialism and advertising.
- It was limited in its size, and the size of the arena is the key to its profitability and commercialism.
- In a world of large-scale commercialism and big business, one age-old industry is witnessing a reverse trend.
- There was a conscious effort to keep out commercialism and protect the surrounding land of the village.
- The right amalgam of commercialism and professionalism in marketing has ensured that the flow of money is the envy of many.
- Pop artists embraced commercialism, using packaging and advertising as source material.
- Gradually, the island's peculiar charm and unique culture are giving way to global commercialism and economic homogeneity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.