In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1miembro de una comisión masculinomiembro de un comité masculino
- That's when he was a Republican Party committeeman, serving two terms.
- He also is a precinct committeeman with close ties to the community's Democratic Party leaders.
- He did push his ward committeemen to get good vote returns, but I am virtually certain he never even hinted at doing that illegally.
- ‘He wanted me there ‘in Uniontown, said Vicites, a Democrat state committeeman.’
- The town's chief of police and Democratic central committeeman, winced when he saw the picture.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.