In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1canto colectivo masculino
- The festival will include a cutest baby competition, community singing, fancy dress, raffles and a tombola, and any money raised will go towards helping the needy and homeless in Acomb.
- The Reverend Canon Ralph Crowe will lead the worship and Father John Kelly will lead community singing.
- For example military bands were introduced and so forth, and the master of ceremonies was brought in to lead the crowd in community singing, just to give them something to do before the kick-off.
- The afternoon finished with community singing and refreshments.
- By contrast, the bombed-out Guildhall provided an unusual setting for the community singing, attended by a large crowd who either stood or sat on the stone flags.
- During the community singing, the MC was strolling round the dancefloor.
- Games, dancing and community singing, accompanied by Mrs James at the piano, formed the entertainment on offer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.