In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comparación femeninothere is no (point of) comparison between them — no tienen (ni punto de) comparación
- the old system doesn't bear / stand comparison with the new one — el viejo sistema no admite comparación con el nuevo
- comparisons are odious — las comparaciones son odiosas
- A similar comparison between 1940 and 1979 would have seen prices fall in value.
- This approach was considered acceptable for the comparison of the panel rating data with the measured profiles.
- The GMC drew a comparison between revalidation and the periodic assessments that airline pilots have to undergo.
- His potential and spiky energy have invited comparisons with some of the finest in Liverpool's history.
- Calls for more bank holidays always invite comparisons - usually with the Continent.
- Hence, a comparison of the two estimates could give some clues as to how population size has changed over time.
- Of course, averages invite comparisons, and this figure varies hugely from car to car.
- He also makes light of the opinion poll comparison, but the comparison is sound.
- How can this person make a subjective comparison to other similar games if they already don't like them?
- Each comparison used the topology estimated from the particular sequences being compared.
- We made similar comparisons for daily availability of routine appointments.
- If similar comparisons are extended to the United States homeland, the conclusions are troubling.
- This contention was examined through a comparison of two schools that varied considerably in the emphasis they placed on examinations.
- Over the past decade I have read similar comparisons for many countries and regions of the developing world.
- A comparison of estimates of dip separation based on onshore geology and seismic data is presented later in the paper.
- If it feels unfairly singled out, it should remember that this is a comparison it invited upon itself.
- A simple comparison between two apparently similar works illustrates the point.
- To such we invite a rigid comparison of the principles and practice of the two schools at the present day.
- As the present sample did not include polyploid eudicots, a similar comparison for polyploids alone was not possible.
- We made a similar comparison with those reporting increased acting out when anxious.
2Lingüísticacomparación femeninodegrees of comparison — grados de comparación masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.