In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of bag, desk, refrigerator)compartimento masculinocompartimiento masculino
- He found a large plastic container in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator containing what appeared to be frozen soup.
- Indeed, imagine a box divided by a partition into two compartments.
- There's also a separate shoe compartment with locking zippers.
- Use the local fishmonger instead of buying fish fingers from the freezer compartment.
- The lower section even contains a compartment offering an additional five litres of storage space.
- There should be compartments and pockets and pouches to hold stuff like your coins, keys and cell phone
- It has a deluxe extendable handle that locks into place, as well as a separate shoe compartment and six large accessory pockets.
- More smoke sensors will be installed and internal walls will be extended upwards into the roof void to create compartments to help to contain the spread of any future fire.
- I appreciated the small compartments as a business traveler.
- Lunchtime would see meals served in pressed metal trays with different compartments where the railway catering staff has placed the rice, curd, vegetables, and a curl of pickle with a pinch of salt.
- A container with no set compartments or shelves can be modified and improved.
- Similar to an airplane meal in presentation, the food is served in various compartments of a square container that can be used for everything from a takeout lunch to a well-balanced supper.
- Delivery vans are equipped with fridge and freezer compartments in order to ensure goods arrive in perfect condition.
- I only discovered our fridge had a freezer compartment 6 weeks ago.
- On that occasion, the group had braved freezing conditions crammed under a carriage in a compartment designed for luggage or freight.
- It also features a separate shoe compartment to store and protect shoes up to size U.S. men's 13.
- Everyday tasks such as going to the supermarket are tough when you can't reach the shelves or peer into the freezer compartments.
- These may be as simple as a moveable bin formed by wire mesh or a more substantial structure consisting of several compartments.
- Each of the three compartments inside contains a muddle of cheap plastic widgets.
- Veréd Cosmetiqué's bronzing powder is encased in a beautiful silver compact with a mirror and separate compartment for the brush applicator.
(in train)compartimento masculinocompartimiento masculino
- That sound was probably just part of the brakes, and I now see that a freight train is passing us on the right (our compartment is on the left).
- Tickets cost 22 leva an adult for first class compartments.
- We reserved 6 reclining seats - 3 and 3 facing each other in a closed compartment.
- The sequence built around the delivery of a child in a railway compartment is movingly handled.
- However, there are also trains with first class compartments and air conditioning, which are clean, comfortable, and cost about the same price as taking a plane for the same distance.
- The carriage which included the two compartments in question was uncoupled and side-tracked.
- The next thing she knew, she was lying on the floor of the first-class compartment being worked on by two doctors.
- At workplaces, bus-stations and inside railway compartments, the blabber is scarcely about anything but cricket.
- On one of the tables in the first class compartments were two empty bottles of champagne.
- Since our compartment was at the downstairs rear of the last car on the train, we were last for dinner reservations call.
- For the time being, home was a railway compartment with a very hard bunk, in a train which made many inexplicable stops.
- The teak-bodied carriage has two first-class compartments - one for smokers and the other for non-smokers - and two toilets.
- I don't know why but it was not blacked out so you could see in the compartment.
- As the railway compartment became a popular venue for fictional mayhem when crime fiction flowered from the later Victorian years almost all cases involved men attacking men.
- Chuckling, the gentleman opened the door leading from the reserved coach to the sleeping compartments beyond.
- As for ringing ahead to my parents waiting to pick me up, I ensure that I leave the carriage compartment when I ring them.
- Vronsky noticed the charming woman as he made his way to the first-class compartment that he shared with his mother.
- He was, moreover, renowned for the speed with which he could dash off an article in a railway compartment, a cricket pavilion, or in whatever place he could snatch a few minutes.
- In sleeping carriages as well as in trains with only one carriage, smoking compartments must be designated.
- I forgot to mention that the PA system in our compartment doesn't work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.