In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1complicadoshe's a complicated person — es una persona complicada
- A survey of small businesses has found that more than a quarter have admitted they made the wrong IT purchases because they were confused by overly complicated technical jargon.
- I have to admit, you made things a bit more complicated for us.
- You see this very, very deep ambivalence on both sides that I think makes the political situation very complicated.
- A single-pointed approach is important when situations get complicated, confused or out of hand.
- That situation reflects the necessity of different approaches to capture different aspects of a very complicated historical and contemporary reality.
- Some news items were too complicated to explain to the public.
- As you get to the more complicated and perplexing aspects of physical science you reach a quagmire in having a unified answer.
- Life for him has become absolutely simple as it has become incredibly complicated for his spouse and family.
- As I said, why do companies have to make things so complicated?
- Avoid those who try to conceal what they are doing, tell you it's too complicated or use confusing and unnecessary jargon.
- It gets more complicated when countries with different cultures and values are included in the discussion.
- The series was intended to look at this complicated issue from different angles.
- There is a sense that in some intangible fashion the country is simply too big, too confusing, too complicated to be governed effectively.
- He went on, however, to draw attention to what he described as one critical distinction, and in doing so may have created further confusion in this already complicated and difficult area.
- It is simple to follow and will not confuse the reader with complicated jargon or difficult concepts, yet its potential benefits are large.
- Even my views on physical punishment in the classroom are different and more complicated than your correspondent implies.
- In fact, it is just too confusing and unnecessarily complicated.
- You need a degree in applied math fully to understand the complicated way the different tariffs interact with one another but, generally, costs have been dropping at a reasonable rate.
- Many of course arrive here as refugees, which adds a further complex element to an already complicated situation.
- Applying feng shui to your own home or work place need not be overly complicated nor expensive.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.