In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conducta femeninocomportamiento masculino
- From a worldly point of view, comportment and appearance were constitutive of identity - the self was, in other words, performative.
- But the move to censure clothes rather than behavior or comportment is dishonest in more ways than one.
- Maltese culture defines correct behavior and comportment in a variety of ways depending on status, familiarity, age, and social connections.
- When a stranger calls, no rules of social comportment apply beyond whatever passes for civility from one man to the next.
- Their comportment and appearance are not kooky by any means.
- He used the tenets of population biology, ordered by natural selection and biological fitness, to look at societal comportment.
- It is below any standard of ethical comportment, even if it is not technically illegal, because of the high standard of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act.
- Embarrassment concerns lighter social gaffes and violations of decorous comportment.
- Despite its potential as a point of connection between theory and comportment, etiquette has been presented in less than favorable light.
- Consequently, scientific protocols and technologies receive more attention in ethical discourse than everyday ethical comportment and relationships between patients and healthcare providers.
- It is hard to think of people more demure in rhetorical comportment than senior envoys of the UN or the British Foreign Office.
- Evidently, comportment was the key to both characters.
- Victorian conceptions of women's comportment and their place in society as well as everyone else's place in the Victorian age seem strange and confining.
- Both on and off the field, his comportment, intellect and easy manner can only impress and mark him out as the epitome of those rare footballing sorts entirely at one with life at the highest level.
- Personal comportment often appears crass, loud, and effusive to people from other cultures, but Americans value emotional and bodily restraint.
- A simple example will illustrate the difference between this disturbed mode of comportment and a more primary manner of embodying temporality and culture.
- There are notable resemblances between the two figures in their comportment and demeanor and, even more so, in their generalized, even-featured beauty.
- YMCA members were not so desperate for social acceptance that they would accept without question those ideas of social behaviour and comportment so benevolently introduced to them by their middle-class patrons.
- It may not be criminal but, at the end of the day, is this the standard of ethical comportment that we expect from our senior public servants?
- Men and women are expected to comply with different norms of behavior and bodily comportment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.