In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1relación de compresión femenino
- It also works best with engines using a higher compression ratio, typically 12: 1 against the typical 9.5: 1 found in petrol engines.
- The diesel approach of using a high compression ratio was an obvious avenue for investigation but researchers quickly discovered that ratios beyond 12: 1 cause severe knock during full-load operation.
- As the engine load increases, the head tilts by up to four degrees in order to lower the effective compression ratio by altering the volume of the combustion chamber with the piston at top dead center.
- Because the mixture is homogenous, the compression ratio can be increased without fear of detonation, and there is no need for a throttle valve in the intake air stream.
- The compression ratio was also increased, from 11.0: 1 to 11.1: 1.
- Lowering the compression ratio from 10.5 to 9.8: 1 dropped the fuel requirement from premium to regular unleaded.
- The double turbochargers are the major change over the 530i, but there is also a lower compression ratio for smoother running and lower emissions of nitrogen oxides when the turbos are not boosting.
- To determine the compression ratio of an internal combustion engine, compare the greatest volume of the piston cylinder (when the piston is at it's maximum excusion) to the lowest volume (when the piston is at top dead centre).
- FEV showed a 4-cylinder Audi with variable compression ratio at this year's SAE Exposition in Detroit.
- This tilting effectively changes the volume at the top of the combustion chamber, thereby changing the compression ratio.
- The Manley connecting rods and pistons swing on a Callies crankshaft and provide a compression ratio of 15 to 1.
- This lets us keep the turbo spinning, and run a higher compression ratio than normal for a turbo engine.
- Raising the compression ratio or supercharging an engine increases cylinder pressure, and it is this which increases the power - not the fuel itself.
- Among the changes are a new ‘thick’ wall composite intake manifold, camshaft profile and valve-train modifications and a raised compression ratio of 9.6: 1.
- A host of engineering revisions to the motor include new pistons, higher compression ratio, higher profile camshaft, new injectors and a less-restrictive titanium exhaust system.
- The compression ratio has been lowered to 8: 1 and a special stainless steel exhaust system copes with temperatures up to 960 degrees Celsius.
- The proven turbocharged boxer engine also benefits from sodium-filled exhaust valves and a rise in the compression ratio from 8.0: 1 to 9.0: 1.
- Then, to compensate for the oversize valve reliefs, the piston dome is made taller to produce the advertised compression ratio.
- The valve pocket chamber and the pistons are pulled to figure out the compression ratio.
- But he seems confident that ‘with large bore sizes, a piston that has some crown to it and a high compression ratio, dual spark plugs will be a significant advantage’ in meeting exhaust standards.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.