In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cálculo masculinocómputo masculinothe figure is correct by my computation — la cifra es correcta según mis cálculos
- their wealth is beyond computation — su fortuna es incalculable
- Modern proof theory, and likewise the modern theory of machine computation, hinge on the concept of the recursive function.
- I devote a lot of my time to thinking about the relationship between mathematics and computation.
- The text recognizes the essential role that computation plays in both mathematics and biology.
- The computation of logarithms had made him aware of the inaccuracy of human calculation around 1812.
- This alleviates the expensive computation of exponential functions involved in the distributions.
- He also wrote Golasara which is written in fifty-six Sanskrit verses and shows how mathematical computations are used to calculate astronomical data.
- He obtained the highest level in the civil-service examination having been educated in astronomy and calendar computation.
- One example of such emergent, distributed computation is the density classification task.
- It was there that he developed the proof which states that automatic computation cannot solve all mathematical problems.
- He has a natural aptitude for computation and is very quick at figure work.
- In fact Bowditch loved to carry out complex mathematical computations and the task of checking and correcting Moore's work was one he greatly enjoyed.
- What is the difference between mathematics and computation?
- The new system has the virtue of a lowered rate of tax, a simple method of computation, and an equitable spread.
- The theory of computation appears in the most unexpected places.
- A short article cannot possibly describe the many fascinating aspects of quantum computation.
- Continuity is the mathematics of calculus and physics but there's never been a theory of computation that deals with this continuum.
- The method was applied to find the orbit of Swift's comet of 1880 and involved less computation than Gauss's method.
- I checked every computation, retraced every step, and reinvented every wheel.
- He considered computation with irrational numbers and polynomials to be part of algebra.
- If we can have exact numerical computation, why would anyone choose approximate arithmetic?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.