In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1programador masculinoprogramadora femenino
- The computer programmer's slide rule says that 5x8 pixels is the smallest you can make a character.
- Throughout my 20s I was a computer programmer writing software for IBM mainframes.
- A computer programmer wants to program computers.
- A hacker could be a computer programmer, a writer, or a singer, to name but three examples.
- My husband is a computer programmer and uses Linux a lot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.