In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1they may conceivably have decided to sell it — cabe la posibilidad de que hayan decidido venderlo
- I confess I didn't find it especially exciting, but others conceivably might.
- Is it human nature to push things as far back as conceivably possible, or is it just me?
- And that, as I may conceivably have mentioned before, is what the whole business of making movies is all about.
- By the time I was four I could count to any number a four-year old could conceivably come across and found basic arithmetic easy.
- It could conceivably do the same for pictures, but that is a way off.
- A good number seem to think that moving to the inside lane when possible means zooming into any space that might conceivably take a car for a few yards.
- For now, Hansen has provided all the detail you could possibly want and much more than you could conceivably need.
- Golam is now 23, and could conceivably be in racing for the next 20 years.
- At this rate, in seven years, he could conceivably have spent a million dollars.
- The only health hazard from the pyres is the smoke itself, he says, which could conceivably cause problems for asthmatics.
- Biological weapons could conceivably wipe out populations over vast areas.
- If all other candidates received one or two votes each, Kusugak could conceivably have won with only three votes.
- The events at Middle School Number One are beyond anything that most people could ever conceivably experience.
- Who else can conceivably be held accountable for a decision reached at a meeting chaired by the highest executive authority in the land?
- I simply want to see another Conservative Government as soon as conceivably possible.
- Any suggestion that a young actress might conceivably relish the kind of dramas she has experienced lately is met with patient denial.
- Pietersen at the time was playing as if he might turn the advantage back England's way, and conceivably even give them a first innings lead.
- A major Supreme Court decision on the issue conceivably could change a few votes.
- Thus the southern sweep is possible as Vitter could even conceivably get a majority tomorrow.
- Those driving the former cop cars off the lots could conceivably be pulled over and ordered into inspection by real cops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.