In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1campo de concentración masculino
- I went by a local park the other day and it looked like a concentration camp crossed with a mass murder scene.
- The plant reportedly used the concentration camp's inmates as slave labor.
- They looked like they had come out of a Nazi concentration camp.
- A standard concentration camp such as Dachau was divided into five departments.
- In the Second World War he was imprisoned in the concentration camp at Buchenwald.
- He was subsequently arrested by the Nazis and imprisoned in a concentration camp, where he died.
- Elsewhere in Europe, a mass to remember the Holocaust victims was held at the Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland.
- He was arrested by the German occupying forces in Amsterdam in 1942 and taken to the concentration camp in Auschwitz.
- She turns to casual sexual encounters and tattoos her arm in the manner of a concentration camp prisoner.
- He missed most of the fighting through Germany but his unit was sent to the concentration camp at Dachau.
- Liddell died of a brain tumour while a prisoner in a Japanese concentration camp in Weifang in 1945.
- Last week, Michael Howard described the murder of his grandmother in the Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz.
- The following year he was charged with receiving survivors of the Belsen concentration camp upon their arrival in the UK.
- He was arrested and ended up in the Dachau concentration camp (which he survived).
- My dad was imprisoned in a concentration camp for having opposing opinions to other people who were around in our street.
- Novales said there were about 1,200 prisoners inside the Davao concentration camp.
- The town of Auschwitz was outside the concentration camp area.
- This week the concentration camp survivor returned to Auschwitz to encourage the world never to forget the horrors of those dark days.
- The fate of the concentration camp commandants and the prison guards has never been made public.
- Buildings were destroyed and concentration camp inmates sent on forced marches away from the death camps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.