In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In my view, the distinction between factual and conceptual questions is fraught with problems.
- It prefers the local to the foreign, the simple to the subtle, the emotional to the conceptual.
- The choice is based on conceptual knowledge concerning cars, people, and driving.
- Kant believed that the parts of concepts are grasped through a mental process of conceptual analysis.
- All works use painting as their primary medium and share a conceptual theme of land and landscape.
- As a result it often gets taught by non-physicists whose conceptual grasp of the subject is superficial.
- To date they have participated in developing the basic conceptual framework for the plan.
- Such is the absurdity of attempting to move a conceptual framework from one country to another.
- Marx taught us to look at ideologies or conceptual frameworks, and to ask of them, who do they serve?
- The radical conceptual design by leading architect Will Alsop may not be quite what residents imagined.
- It never migrates into some purely conceptual realm, a pure dictionary-like definition.
- Our latter evolution as human beings has been driven by our capacity for conceptual thought.
- He therefore makes an important conceptual distinction between real men and masculinities.
- Our discussions ranged from the conceptual to the incredibly practical.
- Whatever be its conceptual base, what does the duty of reasonable care and skill of a bank encompass?
- The experimental evidence and conceptual basis for the existence of specific intelligences is weak.
- It is partial in thinking and lacks conceptual clarity and an integral vision.
- Ex-art teacher and university lecturer Mr Walsh is a conceptual print artist.
- I don't know about you but I feel that I lack the conceptual tools to keep on thinking.
- Third, we need conceptual clarity on the type of crime we wish to see reduced.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.