In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1arte conceptual masculino
- Artists were engaged in such varied practices as minimalism, Earthworks, Photo-realism, conceptual art, performance art, and feminist art.
- Taking them from the boat and onto the glacial formations of art history required explaining how conceptual art differed from the beaux arts of classical painting or sculpture.
- With Temptation, Zhan Wang emphatically shifted his mode of sculptural production into the realms of installation and conceptual art.
- Rosy Naylor founded her label Hatform in 2003, after originally training in sculpture and conceptual art at Glasgow School of Art.
- In conceptual art the idea or concept is the most important aspect of the work.
- After nearly forty years critics and artists are still defining conceptual art, even as it has since been assimilated by succeeding artists.
- Another present day hierarchy in art places conceptual art at the apex, followed by paintings, then sculpture, and at the bottom the crafts.
- Much of Cuban art today is firmly rooted in international aesthetic trends, particularly conceptual art.
- Driving through fashionable South Austin, it's not uncommon to see outdoor sculptures or conceptual art adorning the front lawns of modest ranch-style houses.
- Whitfield's solo act is perfectly pitched, and his stage performance is augmented by some elegantly shot short films ranging from genre pastiche to conceptual art.
- They individually pick and choose among the large range of contemporary styles, from traditional painting to conceptual art.
- As with abstract expressionism or some conceptual art pieces, from a viewer's perspective many of Barth's pieces offer form, but do not easily open themselves to share their content.
- In one scene a couple of characters wrestle with the idea of conceptual art.
- Indeed, it would be hard to decode his work without some experience or knowledge of performance art and conceptual art practices.
- At January's London Art 2003 art fair, ‘there was a bit of resurgence of painting and less conceptual art shown,’ described Peck.
- To return to the Reese's analogy, the separate ‘tastes’ of conceptual art and an art informed by a politics of identity have much individual merit, but what do we get when they collide?
- The 56-year-old artist creates paintings, sculptures and conceptual art, but he is foremost an installation artist.
- Gillette's method for producing the images combines elements of drawing, digital art, conceptual art and performance.
- Images of the human hand have been a primary source of visual inspiration for photographers in the expression of gesture and conceptual art.
- After all, how do you place performance art or conceptual art in a portfolio?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.