In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nombrePlural concertos, Plural concerti
1concierto masculinoviolin/cello concerto — concierto para violín/violoncelo
- In fact, this work must be ranked among the finest piano concertos by an American composer.
- The two solo concertos, also both in four movements, demonstrate Telemann's variety.
- The limited menu of three classical and three romantic concerti composers is nonetheless a representative sampling of the rich repertoire.
- At the festival he will perform a solo recital and play the Elgar concerto with the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra.
- Like other great composers he mastered a wide range of musical genres, including symphonies, concerti, film music, operas, program pieces and ballets such as Romeo and Juliet.
- Beamish is one of the best-known names in classical music, and Britain's most prolific composer of concertos.
- I am going to limit myself to the three concertos for four solo violins without basso continuo.
- What makes these works piano concertos and not piano quartets, then?
- Recent credits include premier performances of commissioned concerti for symphony orchestra and Taylor's ensemble Latin Fiesta.
- It's not an ambitious score and is less serious than Piston's symphonies and concertos.
- The earliest concertos composed for square piano are slight works, diverting but light weight.
- For those who know Weinberg's symphonies, concerti, and chamber music, this ballet may come as a surprise.
- We had many elaborate presentations - clarinet concertos, violin solos, flute duets and saxophone trios.
- He left symphonies, concerti, chamber music, and much choral music.
- In the 1770s he began composing symphonies, concertos, operas and theater music.
- For one thing, the programmes completed a Barbican cycle of Beethoven's piano concertos with the American soloist Richard Goode.
- The LSO and Philharmonia are each programming the complete Beethoven and Brahms piano concertos.
- He composed three symphonies, a piano concerto, and chamber music.
- I had been rather unimpressed by this composer's piano concertos but his solo piano music is clearly a different matter.
- If I compare it to the symphonies, concerti, and chamber music, it seems rather bland to me, but why deny people their fun?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.